As a vegan you don’t drink milk. Why, you could ask yourself? Milk is good for the calcium intake? It’s normal to use? A lot of recipes are made with milk? How you can replace milk?
The reason can be
1. To get the milk, you need cows! The cows will produce milk when they gave birth to a calf (just like a human, I got children and I have milk too for my children). The calf won’t get his own milk, but we take all the milk..this is really not natural. And I must say imagine we keep cows for the milk, they must eat, drink, poop and so on….So this is a real charge for the environment. just for a glass of milk
2. for your health, not organicfarmers give antibiotics to their cows (because of the diseases, they are living close to eaother), and maybe some growhormones (so they will give more milk). So the milk of organic farmers are way better!
3. The milk is made for the calves and not for the human, I know from my own milk that it’s really perfect arranged for my child, he will get the right nutrients from me, the milk will change of substantion every time, first with 3 weeks then 3 months then 6 months. So why are we drinking milk from cows while we aren’t a cow? then it’s for sure not ment for us.
Also, some people have got milk intolerance…
4. the terrible fact of keeping the cows in prison, close to each other in stalls, no daylight, no walking and running in the grazing and even by organic cows they will die after arround four till seven years (did you know they can reach the age of 20 year), then they won’t give enough milk anymore so they are useless for production.
5. For your health, it isn’t the best way to get your calcium! They say the milk of cows is more difficult to absorb into the bones of humans! There is a lot of calcium in other products so if you eat very different and healthy you will get your amount of calcium from vegetables!
OK enough reasons for me for not drinking milk! But how will you replace the milk in recipes and bakeries?
It’s just easy to replace the milk for soy milk, almond milk, spelt milk, oat milk, coconut milk and rice milk I really like the almond, rice and oat milk. The rice milk is more watery, the oat milk and spelled milk taste more sweet and the almond milk has his own taste. I must say the soya milk I don’t use any more because I heard it is not so good for your health as they say it is (but I must say I didn’t had the time yet to do some research)
This is not a replacement for the calcium!! keep this in mind….and always look on the ingredients list, because some are sweetened with sugar
Beware you have organic soya milk, because soy milk is a product what they really manipulate (just like corn)
And really I am against genetically manipulation
So I hope you have some more information what’s useful for you